Thursday, July 14, 2005

Almost Home

We drove east to Geneva-on-the-Lake, an 1869 resort community where we checked into the Indian Creek Camping Resort for two nights. It’s one of the more expensive campgrounds we have stopped at but it has lots of amenities and has an excellent rating. Just east of town on highway 531 it is across the street from Lake Erie. It is a fullfledged little community with store, gas station, restaurant, ice cream parlor, miniature golf, fishing pond, two swimming pools and lots of full time hook-ups. The one thing I haven’t successfully been able to do is hook up to their wi-fi system. They use Hotspotzz like the KOA and I am supposed to be able to connect from the parking lot. While the signal is between two and three bars, I can’t seem to raise the Hotspotzz page to sign in. It is frustrating. But then again, at the last KOA I had a similar problem and couldn’t get connected to the server either.

After setting up yesterday afternoon, we discovered a problem with the blower in the AC unit. It wasn’t blowing air. Since it was in the upper 80s with very high humidity, this would not do. I pulled the ceiling panel down and opened up the panel to the blower unit, gave it a little push and off it went. I turned it off, replaced the two panels then turned it on again and…nothing. I had to remove the panels again and give it a push and once again it was working. This time I didn’t turn the fan off as I replaced the panels.

Both Terry and I were dripping by this time so we changed into our swimsuits and headed for the pool. One pool was for adults only so we chose that one for our relaxation. It was almost too warm to be refreshing. It would have been better if it were just 5 degrees cooler.

After our dip in the pool, we went over to Ferrante’s Winery and Restaurant for dinner. The meal was excellent as were the two wines we had with our dinner. We ended up buying three bottles of wine before heading back to the campground. There we checked out the store and found some more local wines. We got four more bottles. (The check out girls wanted to close the store and join us. I told them to just bring the cheese and crackers. They didn‘t.)

This morning, Terry is doing the laundry while I try to connect on the computer. So far I’m having no luck.

Success!

After the laundry is done we will be heading out to visit some covered bridges and wineries. Then another dip in the pool and maybe a walk over to the shores of Lake Erie and the resort part of town. (Think Jersey boardwalks on a smaller scale.)

Tomoorow we head back to the Bolt Hole and the end of our trip.

Terry will leave for NJ tomorrow night and I will have the duty of cleaning up the trailer before storing it away in the barn.

No comments: