Saturday, March 31, 2012

At least it wasn't death...

Terry finished the paperwork and I wrote the checks so we got our federal and state taxes paid this week. It didn't cost us much this year as our pensions aren't taxed by PA and the withholding (almost) covered the federal taxes. If not for Social Security payments--the feds tax 'em and I've no withholding on the benefits--we would have owed even less. (PA doesn't tax those either. The only thing we paid to PA was for purchases made online.)

I'd much rather have to pay Uncle Sam than have to wait for a refund. I am adverse to providing the feds an interest free loan.


1 comment:

Rev. Paul said...

Re: the interest-free loan, I'm right there with you. We owe a "bit o' brass" every year, and once it's paid, it's over. We wait until the beginning of April to do it, so I guess tomorrow afternoon is now obligated.