Thursday, October 16, 2008

Dial-up sucks!

I've mentioned before how I have to use dial-up service while at the Bolt Hole. (I'm not looking to get satellite for the one or two months I'm up here during the year and the phone line is not fiber-optic and so DSL is out.)

Using dial-up means curtailing my usual surfing activity. It takes soooo long to load a page that it can be frustrating. And forget YouTube or picture or ad heavy sites! I therefore apologize to those of you who's sitemeter readings have taken a stock market like nose dive.

I use AOL as my access point but, once signed on, can use Firefox as a browser and it's weird. If I try to access some pages using AOL's browser, it takes forever and a day for them to load. Yet, when I try using Firefox--which has to go through AOL as far as I know--the same page will load in a fraction of the time. It's still slow, but at least I can visit some of the sites I am accustomed to visiting.

PS I really, really hate dial-up!

1 comment:

Rev. Paul said...

Okay, now, quit holding back & tell us how you feel about dial-up!