Monday, January 18, 2010

Aerie Report, January 18, 2010

Not a heck of a lot to report on today except that we had two, TWO, days in one.

It was pea soup fog when we hit the sack last night. Could see no lights from down in the valley--not even those of our nearest neighbor or the red blinkers on the windmills. And it was raining lightly. Sometime during the night we got a tiny 1/2 inch of snow although it never got below 33 degrees.

When dawn broke (and I use that phrase liberally to mean "when it got lighter out") the precipitation had stopped but the fog lingered on...and on. The temperature rose slowly and the fog remained. Until around noon when the sky turned blue and the sun shone brightly in a matter of thirty minutes. By one in the afternoon there wasn't a cloud in the sky and the temperature spiked at 54 degrees at 3:30 PM. If I was graphing temperature vs time I'd have my own little hockey stick.

So a boring, foggy morning followed by a spring-like afternoon.

******

Like I said, there's not a lot to report from the Aerie today. And not much out there in the world that sparks my writing juices right now either. I've been doing a lot of site surfing on the web and reading a good number of reports about Haiti relief, Massachusetts politics, Democrats plotting how to save a) their House and Senate seats and/or b) Health Care Reform (not necessarily in that order and two seem mutually exclusive, BTW--definitely an "or" proposition) and numerous other topics most of which either leave me with my jaw hanging or going "bleh!"

Maybe tomorrow. Evening.

1 comment:

Rev. Paul said...

A lot of us have been finding ourselves in that "nothing inspires me/I'm too tired/too bored/too bummed to write" mode.

Take some time, do something different, break up your routine. Whatever it takes to get your creative juices flowing, and your soul re-inspired.