Sunday, July 31, 2011

Waiting on the dew.

Doggone it! These north country birds are worse than Chester! Three freakin' thirty and they are making a racket. The bloody sun isn't even hinting at coming over the horizon and they're singing their hearts out. Mating season was weeks ago fella's! If you've not met a lady yet, it's probably too late so give it a rest, will ya!

And they're not just loud, either, but very, very annoying and repetitive. The kind of noise you can not ignore. I know, I tried. Finally gave up at 5 AM and got up, had breakfast, drank some coffee, took some pain pills did some stretching of aching back, knees and hips. Then sat and waited.

Just waiting on the dew on the roof to evaporate so I can get to work. Checking the forecast, there's a 30% chance of showers late tonight. Now, the instructions on the roof coating says not to apply if there will be rain in the next 36 hours, but 30% sounds like a good bet to me.

I want to at least finish the upstairs bedroom roof, the north half of the kitchen and the wood shed roof today. Then, Monday, I'll see about tackling the living room roof. That one is quite long and steep with a sizable (10'?) eave. Could be a challenge with the ladders I have and may have to wait until I can get an extension ladder up here.

You'll notice I've not mentioned the south side of the kitchen. Frankly, that's the one that scares me most. It's steep and the drop off seems worse because there's a slight slope off the porch that makes it seem further than it really is. Plus there's a gutter system on the eave that is, shall we say, iffy. I was going to leave it until last, but if my ladders can't be used on the living room section, then the south kitchen may be Monday's target.

No comments: