Sunday, July 31, 2011

Painting progresses

Okay, about that "Up On The Roof'" falsehood: the Amish crew didn't show up with their paint brushes and ladders either (then again, it was Sunday) so I had to go back out and do it myself!

I managed to finish the upstairs bedroom (west side), the north side of the kitchen, AND the wood shed roof before 1:30 PM. I called it quits at that time because I could. Hey! I'm not only the work crew, I'm the boss, too! I can do what every I please when it pleases me. Got that? (Besides, IF it should rain this evening, I want the roof coating to have some time to cure before the water hits it. Weather.com says maybe. AccuHunch says possible. Both say it WILL most likely rain tomorrow afternoon. (75% chance according to the crew at AH.)

Here's today's progress:

First the upstairs bedroom on the west side. I got part of this yesterday but managed to reach the center panels today and finished it off.

A reminder of what it looked like before painting.

Before: West side of upstairs bedroom.

And here's what it looks like with a fresh coat.

After: West side of upstairs bedroom.

The north side of the kitchen roof and the wood shed roof were also on my list for today.

Here's those roofs before painting.

Before: North side of kitchen and wood shed.

And after.

After: North side of kitchen and wood shed.

The little maple sapling had to come down--again. The wood shed roof took just an hour to do after lunch. I could stand up and use the long handled brush on it. Not climbing or concern about slopes on that baby!

2 comments:

TenMile said...

The neighbors will now hate you forever and ever.

Looks good.

joated said...

Neighbors? I don't need no stinkin'
neighbors!

The nearest full time resident is three tenths of a mile to the west. Over there, beyond those trees...I think. One after that is more than half a mile. To the north: nada for 5 miles. to the east: zip for at least 8 miles. To the south: probably a mile or so.