Monday, August 01, 2011

Monday at the Bolt Hole

The Bolt Hole did not get the 40% chance of rain that was forecast so the applied roof coating is getting a chance to cure nicely. After two strenuous days on the roof and in the glaring sunshine, I'm going to take today off and do some house cleaning. This will give the (very) red top of my head and backs of my ears a chance to stabilize. I had strips of toweling and a square of the same on my sparsely follicled pate but that that did not cover the tops of my ears. The one time I wore a ball cap, I forgot that the rear of said cap was nothing but loose mesh and the sun could--and did--easily shine through. Even my face, which I seldom raised to the sun, got a nice reflective burning from the roof surface. (Maybe I can get the muscles in my buttocks to unclinch and my toes to uncurl, too. Standing on a sloped roof for hours fearful of that one slip that might carry you over the edge followed by a half full bucket of paint will do that to ya.)

At the moment, the sun is attempting to break through the cloud cover. The temperatures are in the upper 70s after an overnight low close to 60 degrees. The humidity is close to 80%. T-storms are still a 40% probability for this evening.

Tomorrow (Tuesday) calls for a trip back to PA to see what's causing the Tundra to suffer the shimmies when I apply the brakes (dirty discs?) and to the Aerie to pick up the ATV--should there be no serious problems with the Tundra--as well as some supplies.

Wednesday I'll be heading back up to the Bolt Hole. The forecast is fro some T-storms on Wednesday followed by four days of sunny weather. I should be able to finish my roof painting on Thursday and Friday giving the coating a chance to cure before the next rain is expected on Monday.

Those are the plans at any rate. Subject to change as always.

No comments: