Friday, August 05, 2011

Back from ER

Got to the St. Luke's Hospital ER just about 5:30 this evening. No one in the waiting room. Very helpful staff that began processing and assisting me as I walked through the door. They had my name, DOB, address, and everything from the last time I was here (2009) so it was a snap to check in. They even had my vitals before Terry got back from parking the car.

I was whisked off to an examination room and then taken for x-rays before you could say "Boo!" The Doctor came in and asked questions about where and "how much does it hurt when I do this, or how about this?" Then he went off to look at the x-rays.

Half hour later he returned with his diagnosis: Severe sprain of the lateral cruciate tendons, possible tear but without an MRI he couldn't be sure. He prescribed pain killers (which don't seem to be living up to their reputation) suggested I keep off the leg for a couple of days and see my physician on Monday or Tuesday. Then, should the pain continue, I should get an MRI to determine if any tear took place.

Can't say it was a "pleasant" experience, but I was treated efficiently and with care by some nice people.

******

Luckily, Mark showed up this evening. We filled him in on what's what and he told me not to worry. He'll take care of things around the cabin. He also recommended I not bother with a NY hunting license. Three weeks and he got just 48 pictures on the game cams--all bears. The three deer he's seen are tame as house pets--and all female. He even petted one after calling her in using kissing sounds.

I still hope to be able to come up and close the camp up in a couple of months, but right now there's no way I could possibly drive down to get the mail let alone do anything else. Still have to figure out how to get the truck, trailer and ATV home. (Although Mark said he might be able to do that. He's about t-h-i-s close to quitting his current job at Remington Arms. (BTW: Word of advice from the "inside" Do not buy Remington rifles and/or shotguns made in the last year. That includes the Bushmaster and Marlin guns, too. Trust me on this. Just don't.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well that bites.
Hoping the best for you..

And I am considering a Marlin in .38/.357
Just because I can and want one....
Plus I reload lots of .38 and .357..

Now you say this!!!

Rev. Paul said...

Sorry you're laid up for the time being; that's no fun at all. Would have been better had you been at home when the injury happened, but then if, at home, you wouldn't have been up and down the ladder to the roof.

TenMile said...

A bit of sunshine in this entry - you hadn't gathered all the wood for your neighbor to "borrow" while you're recovering.

Hope all looks well Monday.

Tina Marie the Willow Witch said...

Glad you got speedy service...Sorry about the rest... Take it easy and let it heal, hope that is speedy as well.

threecollie said...

So sorry that you are hurt and hurting. I haven't seen a buck yet either this year, although the guys have.