Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Knock, Knock Knees.

Knock, knock.
Who's there?
Knees.
Knees who?
Knees things hurt.

One of those days.

I woke up this morning because I was chilly. It was 64 degrees outside at 5 AM but it felt much cooler. As I swung my legs over the side of the bed to get up, I was suddenly confused as to which knee was getting the MRI this morning. Both hurt badly. Then, as I put weight on them, the left raised its voice and screeched, "Me! Me! Me!"

Grabbed the crutches and hobbled to the bathroom to get another pain pill before getting dressed and having breakfast.

I was up and making noise, so, of course, the cats went upstairs and demanded Terry get up and feed them. I felt like chopped liver at this point. The cats hate chopped liver.

Everybody got fed and then Terry and I headed off to Troy Community Hospital for my appointment. I was early enough to get the paperwork out of the way before my appointed time. Being the first on the list meant I was taken promptly at 7:30 AM and finished by 8 AM. I felt sorry for the tech who has a ruptured disk and is facing back surgery. She and I made a lovely couple as we made our way haltingly to the MRI trailer. (Yeah, trailer. It's a mobile unit that gets hauled from place to place.) While she was seeing to my medical needs, I tried to offer words of encouragement vis-a-vis her upcoming ordeal.

The MRI will be read today and the results passed on to my doctor who should call Thursday or Friday. Then a decision as to whether I need surgery or go straight to torture therapy will be made.

2 comments:

Rev. Paul said...

That doesn't sound like any fun at all.

threecollie said...

Sorry you are having such a rough time with that knee. Hope it something that can be resolved quickly.