Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Raindrops keep falling....

I arrived at the Bolt Hole shortly after 1 this afternoon. My trip was about 5 miles shorter but nearly half an hour longer than the route I usually take. And my mpgs were down to just 16.2 due to hauling the little utility trailer and its ATV load.

Got all my groceries and gear in the house, the ATV in the garage, the trailer unhitched and the truck parked just as the rain started to fall. (It had been raining south and west of here on highway 12 and Route 17 earlier in the day, but stopped once I cleared Utica.) It looks like it might rain a good portion of the night. That's okay by me. The area is still inches below normal for late June and July. Good thing we got so much rain in April, May and early June! Let it rain, I say--as long as it stops in the morning so I can get some roof painting done.

******

Terry is in western NY today with an ANG (American Needlepoint Guild) meeting. She left the Aerie an hour before I did and probably ran into more rain. She's returning to the Aerie this evening and will again be traveling in rain. It also looks like the Aerie is getting some much needed rain.


1 comment:

Rev. Paul said...

I feel your pain - construction everywhere here, too, including TWO new roundabouts in the 2 1/2 blocks between my house & the highway.

Good luck with the dry spell so you can paint. It's rained for 4 days straight, here. Starting to feel like last year.