Monday, June 25, 2012

Aerie Rain

Remember how I said last night that the forecasters were predicting little rain for the next week? Well they--and I--had it wrong.

About 2 AM a thunderstorm rolled in and deposited a considerable amount of water on the Aerie along with much sound and fury. I guess my watering of the gardens was unnecessary after all. (That or I primed the pump much like washing the car.)

More good news from the rain is that the winds shifted so as to come out of the north and it's much cooler this morning. The overnight low was in the high 50s and it will struggle to reach the mid 70s today. That should end late in the week, if you can believe the forecasters, when the high will be closer to 90 on Friday.

The bad news is that the rain has driven the relative humidity way up.

1 comment:

Rev. Paul said...

I'm glad you got a break from the hot temps. We're in the 50s & 60s all this week, with rainy weather as well. Last week's sun & 72 was a lot more welcome.