Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Mardi Gras Parades (Part 4)

The Hyacinthians' Parade had a theme of Kids' Games and Colors. Or at least that's what it seemed to be to me. We didn't have a score card nor did we consult one of the many newspaper listings to confirm this but, for once, it seemed pretty obvious as we watched the floats roll by.

The Hyacinthians' Queen

The Hyacinthians' Float

A Colorful Crayon Peacock
This was really a pretty ingenious idea.

Hula Hoops


The $25,000 Pyramid


Retro KISS action Figures
I must have missed this phenomena as my kids were growing up. I do remember something of a cartoon show, however.

Candyland


Lite Brite
I remember stepping on these things--often and usually barefoot. Nearly as bad a Legos--which were not one of the floats. No Etch-a-Sketch, however. Probably because, besides the red rimmed case, Etch-a-Sketch was all gray scale.

Checkers
Another simple but effective costume.

Twister


The Hyacinthians were quickly and seamlessly followed by the Titans. I'll feature that parade in the next post.

No comments: