Thursday, April 02, 2015

Birding Results with Photos!

As I previously mentioned, I went birding after PT on Thursday. I visited several of the places considered "hot spots" by myself and others of the birdy persuasion. It was slow. Very, very slow. This despite the warm temperatures (50s) and bright sunny skies (two days of them!). For one, there was a pretty strong breeze blowing. Then there was still a great deal of ice on the lake waters. Only the flowing rivers and creeks were ice free. Still, I did spot 24 different species only half of which I could have recorded if I had stayed home. (I've put an * next to those I could have seen/heard from the deck of the Aerie.)



Canada Goose*
Wood Duck
Mallard
Ring-necked Duck
Hooded Merganser

Common Merganser
Great Blue Heron
Turkey Vulture*
Osprey
Red-tailed Hawk*

Killdeer
Ring-billed Gull
Northern Flicker*
Eastern Phoebe*

Blue Jay*
American Crow*
Tree Swallow
Black-capped Chickadee*
Eastern Bluebird
American Robin*

European Starling*
Song Sparrow
Northern Cardinal*
Red-winged Blackbird*

Now for some photos. Click to enlarge. 

Canada Goose, Great Blue Heron & Hooded Merganser at The Muck

Ring-billed Gull Ive's Run

Wood Duck on Crooked Creek

Common Mergansers on Crooked Creek

Pair of Ospreys at Ive's Run

Immature Bald Eagle looking over Hammond Lake