Wednesday, April 08, 2015

Week Eleven...

...of my recovery and it's been an interesting one. Things have happened. Luckily those things have little to do with my recovery which is going pretty well, actually.

Last Thursday when I was coming back from birding a truck heading the other way on Route 6 kicked up a stone of which I became aware when it smacked into my windshield--right on the edge of the windshield, right over the passenger's seat. Unlike the stone that hit the windshield back in 2010 and left a nickel-sized bullseye about two inches in from the left edge, this one left three straight line cracks which, if I remember correctly would have just continued to spread as the temperatures warmed up.

I called the insurance company and then made an appointment with Safelite to get the windshield replaced. Problem solved. They did the work on Tuesday afternoon. It took them a little over an hour.

Tuesday. PT in the morning and then over to Wellsboro to have the windshield replaced while Terry and I went to Timeless Destinations for lunch--which was delicious, by the way, despite the sudden onset of something that had me shivering uncontrollably even after a couple of cups of hot tea and a bowl of soup. And I ached all over. When I got home, I went right to bed and threw a second cover over myself. I eventually stopped shaking and started to sweat. I stayed in bed all afternoon and all night and by Wednesday morning I felt better. Still ached in muscle and joint, but it was better. By noon I had finished my rehab exercises and the aches had faded to the background.I've no idea what hit me, but I'm very happy it didn't last long.

Thursday I have PT again. Then I have to take the Tundra in to have its engine checked. It told me it needed this service on Tuesday morning when that damn dashboard light did not go off after starting turning the key.

Oh, and we got word that we owe about 9K in taxes--almost all of it federal, which didn't surprise me. I'd rather have to pay than have to try and get MY money back.

3 comments:

Rev. Paul said...

Taxes are hitting everyone I know quite hard this year, including us. I've had to increase the amount withheld from my check by $225/month just to break even.

Rev. Paul said...

Taxes are hitting everyone I know quite hard this year, including us. I've had to increase the amount withheld from my check by $225/month just to break even.

joated said...

We had a windfall in the form of a payment on our gas lease that accounted for much of the tax we're paying. Once every 5 years that lease comes due. (Until they either drill nearby or walk away. THe former means some royalties the latter means the end of found money.) Last time it paid for our trip to Alaska as well as home improvements.