Saturday, April 30, 2005

Rainy Days and Mondays

It may be a Saturday but the song “Rainy Days and Mondays” still applies. It spoke about the way the weather can get you down. The lyrics are especially meaningful on a day like today when it is constantly drizzling and/or overcast and the air is just plain raw. There is a feeling of malaise that settles over everyone. Rick commented about how it instills a guilt-free laziness upon you. “You don’t feel bad about just laying around on a day like this.” I suppose he’s right. I know there are things I could be doing that are far more productive than sitting here and surfing the web, but….

On the positive side, this is perfect weather for the new lawn I put in and the grass seed that sprouted last Thursday has really taken off. I'm supposed to let it grow to three inches in height before I cut it but it looks like that might be sometime next week.

I did find the energy yesterday to measure out and construct a model of the log home we are planning. I also searched for some ideas for floorplans of kitchens and bathrooms. Those are the two rooms that have me stymied a little. The kitchen is not as large as I would have liked (at least in my mind) and the master bath needs to incorporate both a soaking tub and a shower. We have clipped a few plans but we need to see if they fit in the overall plan of the home. That is where the designing session on Wednesday will be important.

No comments: