Sunday, January 28, 2007

Snowy Sunday

It started snowing this morning soon after Terry took her little Aveo down the mountain to church.
Snowy Morning 2

The cats and I took things easy while she was gone.
Three sleeping cats
Shadow and Chester stretched out on the top of the couch while Julie took the middle cushion for herself.

The snow came down quite heavily at times and there were two or three inches on the ground when I got “THE CALL”.
Snowy morning
Two or three inches of fresh powder snow on a fairly steep hill can lead to only one thing.

Terry had managed to get her front-wheel drive Aveo to the edge of the property (about 300 feet from the driveway) but could get no further.

Well, I wasn’t about to take the truck down the hill to tow/pull/push her anywhere—so I walked down and got behind the wheel.

Not being able to get up the hill myself, I managed to get it turned around after backing up a quarter mile and went down the hill until I found a relatively flat area. Turning around again, I put the Aveo in second gear (yeah, it’s a manual transmission but I would have done the same with an automatic) and, keeping my foot on the gas so as to provide just enough go juice to get up the hill but not so much as to cause the tires to spin, I managed to get to and just past the driveway. Then I backed the little yellow Aveo into the yard and parked it.

When we got inside, the cats hadn’t moved much at all.

Shadow still lay on the back of the couch.
Shadow

Chester sat up when we entered. (Probably hoping for some food.)
Chester

And Julie had curled up with a good book.
Julie

1 comment:

Gun Trash said...

Hey, beautiful scenery and nice looking cats there.