Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Odds and ends

Damn Mets! Build a 7 run lead and you should win. To lose 8-7 in 13 innings is piss poor. I didn't stay up for the final four innings. When the Phils tied it in the ninth, I called it quits. I was actually surprised it went that long when I checked this morning. At least Heilman pitched effectively as he produced 3 innings of shutout ball.

It's been so cool at nigh that we have been sleeping without the fans going in the bedroom. The outside temp has been in the upper 40s/low 50s each of the last three mornings. Without the fans, we can hear the birds start demanding their seed ration and the dog down the hill barking at some critter in the fields. Both had me awake this morning before Chester's tummy alarm went off and he started caterwauling at 6:15.

Terry is running around this AM getting ready to go to a shindig up on Keuka Lake. I think it's an EGA thing. I'm trying to get the energy to put together an overnight bag since I probably won't get to the Bolt Hole with the trailer until around 3 this afternoon. Don't know that I want to turn around a drive home this evening. In any event, I'll bring the laptop with me so I can check the news, sports and weather. I might even have something to blog about. Hey things happen.

No comments: