Sunday, February 27, 2011

Nuisance Snow?

More like a PIA snow. We got 2-3 inches overnight. Not enough to use the snow thrower and too much to allow it to sit until the rains later this week causes it to melt. Soooo, I got my exercise in this morning. Shoveling. It took me two hours to get the job finished. By then, with the temperature already reaching 31 degrees under a cloudy sky, I was perspiring freely.

AccuHunch is calling for a high today of around 40 degrees with a "drenching rain" on the way overnight and throughout Monday--when it will get up to 45 degrees. Up to an inch of rain is in the forecast. Tuesday is supposed to also be in the mid 40s with lots of sunshine and Wednesday will see the 40s with clouds. Should be a whole lot of melting going on. I expect the driveway to be down to bare ground by midweek.


2 comments:

Rev. Paul said...

I understand. By this point in a normal winter, we're heartily sick of shoveling, too. This year, we've had so little snow that 6" is a novelty.

Shelley said...

I usually don't mind winter - but February has been relentless. Hurry spring!!