Thursday, November 11, 2010

Aerie Report, November 11, 2010

Veteran's Day and all I can think to say is, "Thank you!"

******

Well, the weather dudes got the last two days correct--for a change. After starting out with very heavy morning frosts due to the clear skies, we enjoyed days of warm sunshine and little wind. Today (Thursday) it even got up to 66 degrees at the Aerie.

I spent the better part of Wednesday afternoon doing some chores. I drained and put away the two long garden hoses after letting them sit in the sun for a bit so as to become more flexible, and then moved the lawn mower out of the garage into the storage shed. I stacked and moved and reorganized stuff in the garage; tossing many plastic flower pots and burning cardboard boxes. With the two sofas that were in there gone, I'm surprised at the amount of space.

I'll be heading down to the brand new Lowe's tomorrow morning for their 7 AM initial opening. I'll need to look at shelves for the garage, bird feeders (the bear did a job last spring), and a few other items.

******

Today, Terry and I drove up to Hammondsport, NY to visit the Glenn H. Curtiss Aviation Museum. Interesting place and fascinating man. I'll be putting up a separate post on that in just a moment.

On the way back, we ate lunch at San Carlos on Route 54 just north of Bath. Our first real Mexican meal since we left Colorado Springs last September. Mmmmm! Good!

No comments: