Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Still (mostly) Raining

It stopped raining for about an hour mid-day today. The sun actually made a (very) brief appearance and I can aver that Gollum was correct: It burns! It didn't last, however. There's showers and thunderstorms in the near future.

I took the opportunity to walk about and spy on the garden a bit. The beans and cucumbers have begun breaking the surface and should be making rapid progress as things warm up. And should the sun come out for a few days, I'll expect Jack to show up with his climbing gear. I'll let him too, provided he lets me have an egg or two from the goose.

The rain gauge I put out on Saturday held "only" 1.55 inches of water. I thought it might have been more than that but it has been a genteel rain versus the gully washers we had a few weeks ago. AccuHunch says there's another inch of rain on the way before we get a nicer weekend--and another wet work week.

The grass/dandelions need cutting but with the amount of rain that's just going to have to wait. As will the rest of the landscaping I would like to do.


2 comments:

Rev. Paul said...

I wish we could get some of the rain that you don't need.

joated said...

I understand that Texas and even Great Britain could use some of this rain, too. If only we could figure a way to ship the stuff like we do natural gas from the shale beneath my feet.