Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Tuesday Evening Ramble

Yesterday morning I wrote about how we were enjoying lovely weather at the Aerie with virtually no rain. Of course, it rained later in the afternoon and into the night. We ended up with 0.45 inches int he rain gauge, but since most of it was well after I had any desire to go outside...no worries!

***

Hydrotherapy today was a blast. The pool water wasn't as warm as I feared it might be so things were pretty comfortable on that side of the coin. The chest deep water provided buoyancy and resistance at the same time allowing me to do different exercises. I was disappointed that the session only lasted one hour. Oh well, I've another scheduled for next Tuesday. Thursday it will be back to the land based exercises.

***

I went into the garden again today. I harvested half a dozen Rutgers tomatoes and another gallon of cherry tomatoes. I tell ya, I can't eat my way out of this one. I'll probably go harvest some more tomorrow and turn them into tomato sauce. Never did this with cherry tomatoes but I've run out of suckers to give them to (Joe says he won't come up form Jersey Shore--140 mile round trip--just to save me from my killer tomatoes.) and I sure can't eat them all before they go bad. Tomorrow afternoon will be canning time.

***

I read today that the Mets traded Marlon Byrd and John Buck to the Pirates the two of them have a total of 35 or 36 home runs for the Mets and have been bright spots in the Mets line-up. (Although Buck's production has fallen off considerably since his red hot start.) Both players are in their mid to late 30s and both are scheduled to become free agents after this season. The Mets were unlikely going to resign either of them since they have some prospects in both the catching and outfield positions so it was a good move for the team. As for the two players...they suddenly find themselves in the midst of a pennant race with the pirates only a half game out of first int he Central Division so they have got to be happy. The Pirates needed some punch from the outfield (Byrd) and a back-up catcher (Buck) so they're happy too. Here's hoping everybody prospers from this.

No comments: