Saturday, May 29, 2010

Aerie Report, May 29, 2010

A somewhat cooler yet still sunny day here at the Aerie as we start the Memorial Day weekend. The temperature only got up to 81 degrees this afternoon. They (weather.com and AccuHunch are still talking upper 80s for Sunday and Monday. If it gets that warm on Monday I may have to set out the old lawn sprinkler and put my chair beneath the spray.

******

Terry and I spent some time selecting and packing the clothes we want to take on our cross country adventure. We purchased some Rubber Maid bins that will fit nicely under the queen-sized bed in the trailer in which to place our "stuff". We each got three but so far I've only filled one while Terry has managed to fill two. I guess polo and T-shirts just don't take up much room. We thought we were going to a place that would be cooler (I mean Fairbanks, the Yukon, etc. they're w-a-a-a-a-y up north, right?), but after Rev. Paul's comment the other day, I checked the Fairbanks weather and--DAMN!--it was in the 80s there too! Good thing the trailer's AC was inspected and repaired. And that we will be visiting several glaciers along the coast--if they don't melt between now and then!

******

Otherwise, it was a quiet day today. Tomorrow we'll travel down near Jersey Shore, PA to visit Terry's cousin and my bud, Joe. He and his wife are moving out of New Jersey ti a home near I-80 between Williamsport and Jersey Shore. He wants to borrow my log splitter so we'll bring that down to him so he can play with it all he wants until September 1st when I'll want it back.

Absolutely no plans for Monday except for barbecuing some burgers and maybe some corn on the cob. Tuesday, June 1, we'll be getting into nail biting time. I'll be heading up to get the trailer and bringing it down here on Thursday for a six day test run and provisioning at Ives Run.

No comments: