Saturday, May 01, 2010

Arrgh! I made like a pirate and
swabbed the deck today.

After hobbling around Hills Creek State Park for our bird walk this morning, I came home to wash/clean the deck in preparation to applying some stain/waterproofing. This took me about two and a half hours and two gallons of cleansing solution.(Funny. Smells just like bleach.) First applying the solution to a four foot length of the deck, waiting about 10 minutes, and then rinsing it thoroughly. In this fashion, I made my way across the front of the house and then down the side.

The best thing about today's work? I could do it while standing upright! No bending over. No kneeling. Just spray the solution on, wait and use the garden hose to rinse it off.

Oh, and spraying water when it's 84 degrees? That's a bonus.

Forecast of scattered T-storms tonight, 60% chance of T-storms on Sunday, 90% chance on Sunday night. More scattered showers for Monday and Tuesday. Looks like staining may have to wait.

2 comments:

Shelley said...

84 degree weather sounds nice! We've had so much rain these past few weeks.

Cassie said...

Our deck is a mess. Last year I had big plans for getting it done, but it never happened...oh yeah, Patrick broke his collar bone and he was the MAIN ingredient in my plans. haha. We expect a full report on what you end up using to stain and waterproof that deck.