Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Under the weather

I gotta bad head cold--AAAH...AAAH...
AAAACHHOOO


And it's creating so much pressure--AAAH...AAAH...AAAACHHOOO in my sinuses that I feel like I ran face first into the wall. Several times.

--AAAH...AAAH...AAAACHHOOO

I hate head colds. (But not as much as the walking pneumonia I had last fall!)

I was moving stuff around in the basement yesterday and kicked up all manner of cat fur and dander that I'm sure contained cat spittle (the true cause of cat allergies is the saliva)and I started to sneeze then. Just once or twice-at a time. I thought little of it because of the dust, but this morning I awoke to find half my head had solidified. The sinuses on my right side were packed. A little later I sneezed 7 or 8 times in a row. None of those little aachoos for me. No mine are like a cannon going off. Miraculously I didn't break any windows or laptop monitors. I did see the newspapers and a Lands End catalog fly across the room as the cats run for cover, however. Afterwards, BOTH sides of my head were packed solidly. I had a splitting headache above and below both eyes. The eyes themselves felt like they might belong to Marty Feldman. There was so much pressure behind them I feared they might pop out if I sneezed again. Breathing through my nose was impossible. I took a decongestant but it failed. We had a spicy hot lunch and I inhaled the fumes as best I could and that failed. Finally, although I didn't want to do so, I tried the 24-Hour nasal spray. That finally worked--a little. I'm still sneezing occasionally. I'll pay for it all tomorrow when the spray wears off and I get a rebound affect that will make this morning seem like heaven unless the damn cold goes away.

1 comment:

JDP said...

I have been using Astelin daily now for over a year. It does not have the reboud effect some of the nasal sprays do. It is available by prescription. I have used them all and it is the best I have found.

JDP