Saturday, June 05, 2010

Aerie/Trailer Report, June 5, 2010

Little to report as we continue to prepare for The Big Trip.

I spent the night in The Trailer again. A little tougher time sleeping last night as there was a brief T-storm that rolled through around 3 AM and rattled the awning. I was having some weird dreams anyway.

Programmable Mr. Coffee with the 8-cup stainless steel pot (NOT glass!) did its thing perfectly this morning. Too bad I hadn't moved any food in for breakfast! Oh well, coffee is a fine (and necessary) way to start the day.

Drove back to the Aerie for lunch with Terry and to cut the lawn one final time. You can be sure I will have some breakfast materials when I return to The Trailer this evening.

Terry grilled some marinated venison flank steak on deck for lunch--and the gas tank ran empty just as the meat finished. Timing is everything.

******

Posting will be getting pretty spotty for the next few months as I've no guarantee of having any sort of hook up while on the road. (I am not so far gone that I feel the need to purchase a special mobile satellite hook up. Nor did they pay us that much for our gas lease that I could afford one. Although....)

******
Just three (3!) days (Sunday, Monday, Tuesday) before we shove off on Wednesday morning!

3 comments:

Rev. Paul said...

You guys are going to have a GREAT time - if you do post along the way, it will make interesting reading, I'm sure, as well as bring back memories for me.

Have fun, you two!

RT said...

Just prayed for safe travels for you. :) Have a wonderful time! I look forward to seeing many pics as you have opportunity to post them. Be safe and ENJOY!

JDP said...

Take lots of pictures!

JDP