Friday, January 07, 2011

Aerie Report, January 7, 2011

We received 3-4 inches of snow last night and this morning. I cleared the deck once this morning during what looked like the end of the snow, while Terry went out to Curves and Wal-Mart. After I had finished and just before Terry returned home, the snow ramped up again and dropped two more inches on the ground and newly cleared deck.

When we were sure it had finally stopped for real--sometime after our noon day meal--Terry cleared the deck while I went to shovel the driveway of the total amount from this "storm." It took me close to two hours to get everything cleared. All that was done while temperatures remained in the 20s. Still, bright sunshine made it warm enough to cause me to perspire profusely.

Shoveling also caused my back to start aching and the Ibuprofen I've taken have helped only a little. I know I said I wanted to up my exercise level some, but, given my druthers, I'd sooner walk behind the snow thrower for an hour. Can't really utilize that tool, however, unless we get 6+ inches of the white stuff. And even then, I'd still have to use the shovel to clean up the 3/4 to 1 inch of snow that would the blower would skim over. (Gotta keep the lower edge of the thing up that high or it will scoop rocks out of the gravel driveway and toss them all over. One careless turn or mismanagement of the discharge chute and I could have to contend with a broken window.)

I believe I'll grab a hot shower and call it an early night.

No comments: