Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Aerie Report, July 19, 2011

Peaceful day at the Aerie. Another near 90 degree scorcher with higher relative humidity due to yesterday's rains. (We got 1.5 inches of rain in that short cloudburst according to the rain gauge.)

Terry took her sick little Mac Notebook to the Apple Store in Syracuse today, did some shopping at the mall while she was there, and then scooted over near Troy for a stitching meeting of some sort. She should be home any minute now.

(The Apple crew determined the Mac's power source was not working and needed to be replaced. "Could it be because Chester keeps chewing the cord?" Terry asked. "No. The part he's NOT chewing has failed. It's okay though 'cause its still under warranty and it will be no charge." "Well, he never chewed on the old cord." "They changed the formulation of the plastic. The new stuff smell nicer which is probably why he chews at it even when you hit him on the head.")

I loaded up some junk (the furniture I brought down from the Bolt Hole, some stuff I literally dug up on the side of the house, an old bike that Rick was going to try and repair, and two boxes of old loose leaf binders I was saving for some long forgotten reason) and hauled it all over to the dump. I've still got the love seat, a chair and an ottoman to take over but I'll need Terry's help loading the love seat. It's just a wee bit too bulky to lift to the tailgate easily. And with the cap on the Tundra's bed I'll have some trouble hauling all three pieces at once but with some strong rope, I might be able to do it. But that's for tomorrow. This afternoon, I stayed in the basement (fairly steady 67 degrees in the summer) and cleaned a few things up.

1 comment:

Rev. Paul said...

Your forecast overnight low is our daytime high. I feel for you; I really do. Having spent 45 years in the steamy Midwest, I don't miss those temps. AT. ALL.

Funny about Chester & the power cord - I have a cat like that, too.