Friday, July 08, 2011

Bolt Hole, July 8, 2011

I've now got a working gas stove and oven again. I had to run down to Tractor Supply for the propane hose, regulator and gas tank; and went next door to get some necessary hardware and tools (all but the most basic tools are in the boxes in PA, of course). Got the gas tank filled up on the way back. It took me longer to go down to the store and back than it did to install the stuff once I got home. I had some 12-24" angle iron laying around that was predrilled for 1/4" bolts. Two long pieces got attached to the wall with lag bots and I used five of the shorter ones to create a platform on which the gas tank rests. A 1" hole drilled through the wall allowed me to pass the hose from the woodshed (where the gas tank is located) to the kitchen behind the stove. A little teflon tape on the joints and it was ready to be tested.

Aside from the little wait for the propane to get through the line for the first time, everything works perfectly. I can now fry up things (eggs, bacon, steaks, chops...Hey! I'm getting hungry here!) to my hearts content. I'll also be able to do a roast or bake some cookies. All I need do now is restock the larder with the necessary ingredients.

******

Did a quick walkabout in the orchard but could not determine what was out there last night. There were deer tracks in the sand at the end of the driveway, however, so deer is the likely answer. No new branches bent or broken that I could tell, but the leaves and lower apples have been gnawed at.

******

Terry just called to say that the furniture we bought on Monday was delivered. Well, the sofa and chairs were delivered. The cocktail table will be coming next Wednesday. They forgot to mention that or call to tell us about that change. Terry says the color is perfect. The "Thistle" shade of green goes well with the carpet and the stones in the fireplace. Being lighter than the furniture we took out should help brighten the room, too.

1 comment:

Rev. Paul said...

Sounds like a good day, my friend. Now ... when's that dinner going to be ready, again?