Thursday, December 29, 2011

I may have to shop Sears more often.

And you should too. From Don Surber's Daily Mail blog:

Back in 2003, when the Iraq War began, Sears decided that it not only would keep the jobs of associates called onto active service open, but that it would make up the difference between what the military paid and what the associate ordinarily would earn.

And for 8 years, Sears has kept that policy going — long after the public has forgotten and the color has faded from those yellow ribbons that say Support The Troops. The company has had a few bad quarters in the recession, but it keeps the home fires burning and the checks coming to its reservists and National Guardsmen.

That is service above and beyond the call of duty and someone should be recognized.


Here's the rest of Don's post.

2 comments:

Ruth said...

not a huge fan of Sears as I've gotten rotten customer service everytime I've been in there, but I'll have to remember that.

DaddyBear said...

That's a good thing. I think I may need some more Craftsman tools.

My employer has a similar policy, and quite a few friends in our local group have taken advantage of it.