Thursday, March 22, 2012

Aerie Weather Report, March 22, 2012

A couple of weeks ago, when we still had some cold weather, the furnace at the Aerie went on the fritz. I called the folks who did the installation and talked about the error message I got on the digital read out. They ordered a replacement temperature sensor (the part targeted by the furnace's diagnostics) and sent someone out to replace it. The furnace hasn't had to kick on since as we've had days in the upper 70s and even low 80s. It's been almost two weeks.

We haven't had any rain either. The warm sun, lack of leaf cover and dry air has created a fire hazard.

Today I took steps to alleviate both problems. First Terry and I put the screens into all the windows. That action should cause the temperatures to drop precipitously within a few days.

Then I took the truck to the car wash and power washed the winter build up of encrusted clay off the Tundra. I dropped 10 quarters for five minutes of high pressure hot, foamy water and another 10 for five minutes of high pressure rinse water. I succeeded in removing 95 percent of the dirt. Some of the bugs crushed on the windshield and grill on my trip down to pick up eels last week are still clinging on. They will require a bit more elbow grease to clear off.

Washing the car is a well known cure for lack of rain.

Just checked the weather forecast and there's a cold front heading this way. Temperature and rain are to fall this weekend.

3 comments:

Rev. Paul said...

You do seem to have done everything you can to ensure cold, rainy weather. Probably over the weekend, too. :)

joated said...

Well, if I go get my fishing license tomorrow or get the lawn mower out to tune it up....

It will be a sure thing...if you can believe weather.com.

Ruth said...

Hah, husband was thinking he'd roll the lawn this weekend, then he looked at the weather report, so maybe its partially our fault!

I need to wash my car too....