Friday, May 04, 2012

Baltimore Oriole

Yet another bird to add to the list: The Baltimore Oriole

I see these come through the yard once or twice a summer. I haven't found any nesting areas on the property, perhaps because we don't have any ponds or streams. The neighbors do, however. What we have are several apple trees and a handful of crab apples and choke cherries. All of which are currently in flower. And the orioles seem to like the nectar.

Today, three of them appeared in the apple tree across the driveway at noon as I started grilling a steak for my lunch. One stayed around long enough for me to grab the camera and snap a few pictures off the deck.

Baltimore Oriole 

Baltimore Oriole 

Baltimore Oriole

Baltimore Oriole 

Baltimore Oriole
 

1 comment:

Terry Faber said...

Excellent photos! Love the one sipping nectar.
Terry