Wednesday, May 02, 2012

More Birds

Two more birds to add to the list of Aerie visitors.

I was standing on the deck this evening when I got buzzed by a male Ruby-throated Hummingbird, the first of the year. The two feeders I put up are hanging there. After buzzing me, the little bird moved to the more distant of the two feeders and took a few sips before taking off for the trees.

As I followed its flight, an Eastern Phoebe came from around the corner of the house. It was almost as thought the Phoebe thought the Hummer might be a large bug. It pulled up when it got near the hummer and headed off in a different direction, landing on a nearby branch. It pumped its tail a couple of times and then took off into the woods hunting bugs in flight.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

I got yelled at by an Oriale this afternoon. First one I've seen this year. Guess its time for the feeder!