Saturday, November 15, 2008

Bolt Hole Weather

It was raining when I woke up this morning and it continued to rain off and on all day. The "off" part was never terribly long. Every time I would start to think about donning my hunting clothes and taking the .270 for a walk, I'd go to the john and then look out of the window to see it was raining again. And the "on" part of the day was sometimes so "on" that I couldn't hear the announcers of the football games for the pounding the metal roof was taking. (I really believe they skimped on the insulation up there.)

The wind blew out of the south all day and, as a result, the temperatures remained warm. The afternoon high was around 61 degrees on Mark's outdoor thermometer. (It's mounted on his outhouse though so it may get a little warming effect--if you know what I mean.) The weather.com site said it reached 58 degrees where ever their station is located. Not to worry, however, the front is moving through as I type and tomorrow's high is forecast for the mid 30s. If the wind is out of the northwest that could mean we'll be a few degrees cooler than that here and we may have some snow showers.


1 comment:

JihadGene said...

Stay warm and dry as you can!