Friday, June 19, 2009

Jam, Jam, Jam...The end...for now.

Checked the fluidity (is that a real word?) of the jam this morning and found it about the same as the blue and lack berry stuff I made last year. Not perfect but serviceable. It'll do.

To sum up. Over the last few days I managed to turn this:

Eight quarts of nice ripe strawberries.

into this:

Seventeen Pints of Strawberry Jam (plus one in the fridge)


I told Terry to keep her eyes open for good fresh strawberries when she goes to WallyWorld or stops at one of the roadside stands she passes. (I got mine out at Pagomar west of Wellsboro.) I'd still like to freeze some slices and, perhaps, try a small batch of jelly.

5 comments:

GUYK said...

THAT LOOKS GOOD! I do like strawberries. I was disappointed in the fifty plants I put in back in the spring. I got a handfull every day for a month but not enough to freeze or preserve. I reckon next spring 'll do what I used to do...but a dozen flats at a time direct from the fields and fill up my freezer. I can eat a pint or two of 'em a week.

Rev. Paul said...

WOW it looks good! We'll be right over!

Rachel C Miller said...

we had a great strawberry patch for years and then one winter it just didn't make it. I guess time for a new location.

ruthann said...

i love strawberry jam!! ;)

JihadGene said...

That's the best!