Thursday, June 10, 2010

The City of Cleveland

This morning we drove I-90 through Cleveland at around 8:30 AM...rush hour.

And I consider Cleveland a city. It does, after all, have an NBA franchise (the Cavaliers), a Major League baseball team (the Indians--who play in a lovely field right next to I-90, BTW. It's named "Progressive Field" of all things), they have a semi-pro football team that plays in the NFL (the Browns). They do NOT have an NHL franchise, however and that seems amazing for a city right on the banks of Lake Erie. Most years you could skate across to Canada if you really wanted to.

Anyway. I consider Cleveland a city. Yet today, the drive through the city on I-90 was not that bad. Apparently everyone who works in the city lives on the west side in one of the many newly constructed townhouses. The Interstate heading into the city from the west was bumper to bumper with folks trying to get to work. Coming from the east...nada.

Something to remember when tempted to take the long way around the city using I-271 to go down to I-80.

We actually drove along the waterfront on the east side of the city. Lovely stretch of road where even the electrical utility companies have beautifully landscaped properties and there are lush, green fields for little league and pop-warner. Progressive Field looked like someone had just spit-polished the entire exterior. Almost made me an Indians fan. (Hey, they even play against the *spit* Yanks! I could root for the Indians then.)

1 comment:

Gun Trash said...

Progressive Field is likely named for Progressive Insurance a company whose CEO is a leftist. I had my motorcycle insurance with them for a number of years (good rates) until I discovered he was a leftard. They no longer get any of my $$