Thursday, June 10, 2010

Thanks for the warning!
(Late though it may be.)

In the comments to the previous post, Rev. Paul of Anchorage said:
If I didn't already tell you - the road out of Dawson Creek up thru Yukon Territory to the AK line can be vicious. Tough on people & their vehicles.

Stores on either end of the Alcan sell bumper stickers & window signs stating "I survived the Alcan" for a reason.


To which I can only reply: Now you tell me? I thought you had GOOD memories of your trip to Anchorage? Or is this why you only fly when you return to the lower 48?

******

Actually, I remember when they put those on all the cars that drove up Mt. Washington. Used to be a free-be that got put on your bumper as you parked at the top, now you have to buy one. Made me mad to see them on the cars after I had climbed the damn mountain a few times.

******

Too late to turn back now anyway. We are committed! (Some might say, "It's about time! Hope you like the padded walls.")

2 comments:

Rev. Paul said...

Actually, I did mention the "Bump" signs that indicate you're about to become airborne. The good news is that your RV will hold the back of your truck down.

The bad news is that it won't do much for the FRONT end ... you may have a very good view of your hood, from time to time. Just take the signs seriously.

:)

threecollie said...

Best wishes for all aspects of your great adventure!