Friday, October 24, 2014

Sunny Day! At last!

After several days dreary, overcast, foggy, and mizzling skies we finally got to see the sun at the Aerie today. Despite all the moisture in the air, we only had 0.15 inches of rain in the gauge.

I got outside this afternoon to do some work in the garden. Pulled the two tomato plants and then turned the soil in the 8' x 16' bed. Removed quite a few weeds from that area as I worked.

Tomorrow, I'll spend some time digging a small trench in that garden bed so I can compost the mulched leaves and grass clippings from the final cutting--which I will do on Sunday.

I've got to space these things out so as to not put too much strain on my back.

******

Speaking about my back.... Being idle the last few days hasn't helped. I probably should have gone to the mall or spent time on the stationary bike but I just didn't have the desire to do either.

Got a call earlier in the week from the neurologists office letting me know that the doctor would not be available on October 30th and they were going to move my appointment to November 5th. I told her I was hoping for an earlier date rather than a later one and she responded that if they get a cancellation, she would call me. *sigh* That's another reason why I haven't wanted to go to the mall. Do not want to get too far from the phone since they may not have my cell number.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering if you knew
of any widgets I could add to my blog that automatically tweet my newest twitter updates.
I've been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some time and was hoping maybe you would have some experience with something like this.
Please let me know if you run into anything.
I truly enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to your new
updates.