Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Autumn Leaves

The colors of the autumn leaves have reached their peak here in Northern New Jersey and they are a sight to see on the hillsides. But here in suburbia they can be a drain on your time, energy and sense of wonder.

There are four very large (and slow) oaks above my house. My neighbor has several very large maple (beautiful bright yellow leaves) and locust (miserable little tiny leaves that are impossible to rake) trees. I've already raked the yard twice. I'll probably be raking through the middle of December--possibly later. I haven't gotten up on the roof to get the leaves out of the valleys--yet. That chore can wait until more leaves have fallen.

But I know exactly how this guy feels.

1 comment:

Gun Trash said...

Ah, one of the few people who knows the score when it comes to roofs and leaves. Leaves set the Autumn stage, but they're no friends to shingles or gutters.