Saturday, November 05, 2005

Election Day, 2005

This Tuesday is Election Day here in NJ and throughout the country. As is my habit, I will trek to the polling station to make my selection known. NJ is electing a Governor and General Assembly.
Two statewide questions are also on the ticket. Both questions call for constitutional amendments. One is for the creation of the post of Lieutenant Governor and the other to expand the use of dedicated tax revenues to fund air pollution control and the administrative costs of the underground storage tank program.
Locally we have County Freeholders, town Mayor and Councilman.

I’ve made up my mind on nearly all of my choices with the exception of the question dealing with the use of the dedicated tax. I have no idea what the goal is of the program mentioned in the description of the question.

I’ll be glad when Tuesday is over. At least the automated phone calls from the candidates will stop for a while.

No comments: