Wednesday, February 14, 2007

We Got Snow

Well, we’ve had our first major snowfall here at the Aerie in north-central PA home. The very fine snow started falling about 2 PM on Tuesday and by 3 PM this afternoon when I girt my loins to do battle about 14-16 inches lay upon the ground. I fired up the 5.5 hp Tecumseh engine on the Craftsman snowblower and went to work on the area in front of the garage and on down the driveway. The area in front of the garage is about 40 feet by 60 feet and the driveway is about 100 feet long. The snow continued to fall and even intensified as I worked. The wind intensified too. No matter which way I pointed the thrower’s chute the snow seemed to come back in my face.

I slogged on through the job and after nearly two hours I was able to park the blower in the garage again. By then the wind was really howling and the area I had first cleared now had a couple new inches of snow. (I think it was snow. Could have been man made from the wind redirecting my blown snow.) I had a couple of frozen fingers, a numb nose and a few icicles in my mustache and beard. Having taken quite a bit of the wind blown snow upon my head and shoulders, my red and black checked Woolrich coat was completely white as was my dark blue watch cap. I looked like an abominable snowman when I entered the house.

No comments: