Sunday, September 30, 2007

Journeyman = Quantum Leap?

I don't watch much television anymore. The networks' lineups of shows just haven't produced anything in the last few years that floats my boat. Reality shows leave be cold--or angry. The "comedies" aren't. And the dramas are awful. Only CSI (the original) really grabbed me until a year or so ago when it just got to damn freaky.

The only reason I tune in lately is to view sports. And I've noticed a decline in the quality of the announcers in many of the college games. Perhaps it's due to ESPN and ABC spreading themselves too thin. (On a side note, I never liked Brent Musberger. He comes across as just too full of himself. Watching him it appears he believes HE is the maker of the story and not the reporter.)

Tonight I'm watching the Sunday Night Football game (with two of the best announcers on the tube: John Madden and Al Michaels) and I've seen ads for NBC's new show Journeyman and all I can think of when hearing what they're saying about it is why didn't they just bring back Quantum Leap? I mean, that is exactly what it sounds like.

No comments: