Friday, June 13, 2008

Morning Visitor

Our woodland neighbor came back to visit this morning. I had come downstairs around 6 AM and as I fed the cats I looked out the window to see Mr. Bruin making his way to the bird feeders. I grabbed the camera and went out on the deck to snap some pictures. He was most cooperative. Too, cooperative!

Even when I yelled at him and banged the broom on the deck rail he just stood his ground and looked at me as if to say, “Will you please go back inside and leave me alone!”

When you refilling this?
This pole helps!
See, I can stand on two legs too.
All ears

I managed to get him to go back up the hill far enough that I could go out and pull in the two feeders with the most sunflower seed in them but as soon as I got back to the deck he came ambling down to investigate some more.

Will you go away!
Damn! There was food here.

He seemed very disappointed to find the feeders were gone.

It took me another 10 minutes of yelling and stone throwing before he decided to seek his morning snack elsewhere.


4 comments:

JDP said...

Great Photos!

JDP

Joan of Argghh! said...

oh, that's just funny! Kinda like having fuzzy alligators, nuisance-wise. Do be careful, ya'll.

:o)

Rev. Paul said...

I think I'll stick with moose ... they only eat greenery :-p

joated said...

Yeah, but the moose can stomp you to death and then bury you using those wide antlers as shovels.