Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Off to San Francisco

Tomorrow, Terry and I will drop the cats off at Kitty Day Care for a week and then head east to Grandma's house. We will crash for the night (a very short night it will be, too) before gathering up the daughter and heading to Newark International to catch a flight to San Francisco for my niece's wedding. (Grandma will take a later flight on Friday morning.)

We'll actually be staying in Half Moon Bay where the mother and father of the bride reside. My son will be driving down from Eugene and we will all do some sight-seeing before the rehearsal dinner on Friday night and the wedding on Saturday. (Daughter will be heading out with a friend to visit Cupertino and the Apple Headquarters for lunch.) We might go to Muir Woods or head south to Ano Nuevo and Pigeon Point. I seriously doubt we will venture into SF to go to Fisherman's Wharf, but I might get out voted. Wedding in SF on Saturday but there is a hired bus to take us o and from the event. Sunday will be another day for sightseeing for all but my daughter who will be heading back to NJ and her job at the Apple Store.

Early Monday my son and his date head back to Eugene and that evening Terry and I fly back to NJ.

Have I mentioned that I hate to fly? And a six hour flight???? Can I get some of whatever they used to give B. A. on The A Team?

What I'm trying to say is this: don't expect much from me for the next five or six days. If there are no updates here for a couple of days it doesn't mean I'm dried up. If your site meter readings plummet, it's just me on a busy trip having fun. It doesn't mean your writing has become unappealing. Okay? Like Ahnold, "I'll be back."

4 comments:

Rev. Paul said...

I no longer enjoy flying either, although it was great fun 35 years ago. Come to think of it, a lot of things were more fun, then.

I have it on good authority that two Tylenol PM plus one Bud Light will do a reasonable imitation of the B.A. cocktail...

JihadGene said...

I'd rather take an butt-whooping than fly! I really want to sock-up some of those punks wearing the T.S.A. wind-breakers who are giving Grandma Moses a hard time with her carry-on and suspected exploding shoes. I know they are doing their jobs but I've seen too many "Barney P. Fife's" running around while the bad guys get a pass.

gregor said...

I always find an Actifed and a few Jameson's on the rocks about a half hour before wheels up works wonders... then again, I've flown without meds and I usually fall asleep as soon as they start pushing back. I think it's the sound of the turbines that does it.
Have a save trip and a wonderful time.
Wanna buy a house?

joated said...

Jeeze guys! We're catching the 7 AM flight. Bud? Jameson's? At 6 AM? Only if I haven't been to sleep yet! (And I'm getting too old for an all nighter.)