Friday, June 26, 2009

At the Bolt Hole...again

After the bird walk yesterday morning Terry and I did a little gardening. All the spinach we planted has been picked so we put some more lettuce seed down in that little plot. I then weeded and fertilized around the string beans and tomatoes. We put in just four tomato plants--2 cherry tomatoes and 2 regular eating tomatoes--and all are doing well and have flowers on them. We also have a half dozen "volunteers" from the compost I put in the beds. They must be seedlings from the roma tomatoes I canned last fall. don't know if they will produce any fruit for us but I'm encouraging them to do so.

******

This morning I packed my gear in the truck and headed up to the Bolt Hole to do a little grass cutting. The trip up was uneventful except for the few showers I ran into along the way. The weather quacks predict that scattered showers may be something I'll have to deal with as I cut the grass around the house and in the apple orchard over the next few days. I managed to get the front yard cut before a light sprinkle ended my cutting for today.

******

Despite having an injury list as long as their opening day roster, the Mets are just 1/2 game behind the Phillies for first place in the NL East. Tonight they start a home series against the hated cross town rival *ack spit* Yankees who are four games back of the Red Sox.

2 comments:

Shelley said...

You'll have to post some photos of your garden so I can see how good it looks! :-)

JDP said...

I'm not a Mets fan but I will cheer them on the next four games because I can't stand the Damn Yankees!

JDP