Friday, June 05, 2009

Truck has been fixed...maybe.

So I picked up the truck this afternoon and drove back to the Aerie where I noticed not much different at the top of the windshield at all. There's still a gap between the glass and the roof but now there seems to be a strip of rubber at the bottom of that gap. (I know. I know. I should have looked more carefully at the dealership when I picked it up. I was careless, okay? Besides I was happy it didn't cost me anything.)

When I drive up to the Bolt Hole tomorrow, I'll have to swing by the dealers to see if that's a feature of the Tundra or a flaw in the new glass installation. It doesn't have to be out of my way. I just need to take a different route. (I actually drove down to Wally World after dinner to see if anyone had a Tundra in the parking lot. There were two. One was an identical model to mine but perhaps a year or two older. It seemed to have a rubber strip that stood up from the joint. But on mine that ould be making contact with the windshield wipers.)

I'll want to avoid the trip up along Lake Seneca tomorrow anyway. Seems Alaska's Gov. Palin is visiting up there at Seneca Falls (the birth place of women's suffrage, home of Susan B. Anthony, etc.) and Auburn (home of Harriet Tubman and birth place of William Seward--who purchased Alaska from the Russians way back when). It's Alaska's 50th year as a state and she's dropping by to celebrate what was called Seward's Folly. Palin's retinue consists of a mere three vehicles but why take a chance of getting stuck in a motorcade as they go from Auburn to the airport.

1 comment:

Rev. Paul said...

If you bump into Gov. Sarah anyhow, tell her we said real Alaskans still appreciate and support her.