Friday, January 08, 2010

I didn't really mean it that way

The other day I was complaining about the 1 and 2 inch snowfalls that were much too little to get the snow blower out and just barely deep enough to require the shovel. I don't recall if I said it on this here blog or elsewhere.

Wherever I said it, Somebody must have been listening. He obviously assumed I wanted more snow, not less. I need to work on my communication skills.

That little green dot on the weather map from several days ago? Hasn't moved. And it called in reinforcements over night. A light, fine powder has been falling since just after dark. The forecast called for 2 to 4 inches. We've already got the 4 inches and it's working on five. Another inch and it's snow blower depth. It's supposed to continue until noon. We shall see.

On the other hand, this weather has brought milder temperatures It stayed in the mid 20s overnight. That won't last, however. Weather.com says tonight it will dip down to 12 degrees while tomorrow's high will be just 17. Saturday night will be coldest of all with the low down around 6 degrees. They do promise the sun will come out on Sunday though. Be nice to see the old boy again.

No comments: