Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas!!!

I'll be heading east to New Jersey in a short while for Christmas at the MIL house as well as a stop at my sister's.

These small gatherings are a far cry from the old days when all of my Mom's side of the family would gather for Christmas Eve. As the Aunts grew older and began to pass away, and the family grew larger and larger--and more scattered, we called a halt to it all. Only one of the five sisters and one brother is still alive and family is now scattered from Connecticut to Carolina to Florida. (I don't think anyone's gone west of the Appalachians...yet.) I do miss those huge reunions though.

The weather seems to be cooperating this year and there are no ice storms or major snowfalls predicted. In past years, I ended up staying at the Aerie due to those winter afflictions. Terry made it into NJ last year and again this because she goes early to meet with her stitching friends. Of course, last year she ended up having to shovel 18 inches of snow off her Mom's driveway and sidewalk while I had a mere 2-3 inches here. This time, the snow that's forecast will be primarily off the Jersey coast on Christmas Day and again on Monday. That gives me time to sneak in today and out Sunday night.

******

Here's wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas.

2 comments:

threecollie said...

Merry Christmas

Rev. Paul said...

Merry Christmas, my friends. May your day be restful, refreshing, and may your travels be safe & uneventful.