Tuesday, August 23, 2005

33 years

I'm a little tardy in mentioning that Terry and I quietly celebrated our 33rd anniversary last Friday. We had a quiet day and dinner at home. Guess we're saving ourselves for the upcoming trip to the southeast. ;)

We met back at Rutgers in our junior/senior year after I had switched over to the College of Agriculture and Environmental Science. My freshman roommate, Bill, was majoring in wildlife biology over at CAES and Terry was majoring in environmental science. She swears we were one class together during our freshman year but I don't remember it that way. During our junior year, CAES formed a student committee to discuss the change of the college to what is now Cook College. It was during one of the first meetings that Bill introduced me to Terry, who he had known since freshman year. We hit it off right away and the rest, as they say, is history.

We dated throughout the remainder of our junior and senior years. I proposed the summer after our graduation in 1971 and we got married August 19, 1972.

No comments: