Saturday, August 20, 2005

Finished the Deck

I finished the railing on the deck on Wednesday and Thursday and it looks very nice if I say so myself. Installing the balusters went much faster than I expected and was much easier than I expected. Part of that was due to the fact that I could work from the ground. (Unlike the second floor deck I put up on the Bolt Hole many years ago--that was a good 10 feet above the ground!)

The overhead oaks provided some excitement as they have been dropping acorns. Earlier this summer the dry conditions meant small acorns were discarded but now some BIG ones are coming down. Some of them are a good inch in diameter. Not having a hard hat to wear, I kept hoping none would konk me on the noggin. That has happened before and those suckers hurt when they fall from 50-75 feet! Though some came close I managed to dodge the bullet.

No comments: