Friday, November 09, 2007

Chilly

Yesterday the temperature at the Aerie (elevation 2100 feet) never got above the 40 degree mark. Last night it never got below 30 degrees. As I write at 8:45 AM it is exactly 32 degrees and very overcast. The forecast is for some light snow showers late this afternoon and into the evening with accumulations in the valley approaching one inch. Right now I'd classify it as a raw, chilly, early winter's day.

Last year at this time we were busy installing insulation into the Aerie. There was also tile work being done in the bathrooms and sheet rock installation and spackling being done. I don't recall it being this cold. In fact, there was exterior work being done (chimney and stuff) right through the beginning of December.

[Although I did come across this post when I searched my archives:
Snow closes the NY State Thruway between Rochester and Buffalo
And this one:
It snewed!

Both are about areas to the north of the Aerie.]

1 comment:

GUYK said...

I spent to many winters in the sub-arctic, Germany, and Montana..I just can't take the cold anymore..makes my joints hurt.